I saw Jesus riding a moped
So i drove to Alabama over Thanksgiving to help a fried move all of her stuff down there. I stayed there about a day, and we cooked a fabulous turkey and rocked the pumpkin pie. Then we went to Atlanta to see some friends and headed back. We started out after brunch - 10:00 A.M. Eastern time. The original plan that Caitlin (that's the friend i helped move) and I concocted was to drive to St. Louis, spend the night, and then come back the next day. This seems simple enough, however, we'd already bothched it on the way down when we booked the hotel for the wrong night . What can I say? Traveling with me is an adventrure. :) Instead of booking a hotel room for the trip back, we just decided to drive straight through. Being the nerds we are, we thought that having extra homework time would be good...So drive, drive, drive we did. Traffic got crazy in spots, as did Caitlin and I...there may have been some screaming out the windows when we were at a standstill on a highway in the middle of Missouri for the third time, but that's not important. What is important is what happened after I took the wheel in the middle of the dark night. Caitlin curled up for some shut eye, and I began to follow the trusty TomTom GPS system home. We had previously named the TomTom Hyacinth so we could have proper arguments with her as we mimicked her British accent, when she told us to "turn around as soon as possible."
After about ten minutes behind the wheel, I did just what Hyacinth detests, took the wrong exit. Feeling exhausted, lost, and alone after having just delayed the already atrocious arrival time, I followed Hyacinth's instructions through an underpass, loooked to the right, and...
...saw Jesus riding a moped.
Well, it was actually some bearded twenty-something that happened to look like the flannel-graph images of Jesus and was riding a little red vespa. But it was close enough. He smiled at me - this all out grin from the seat of his putsy moped that could not have possibly been legal on the interstate. I just laughed and then he laughed. And then he and his little moped faded behind us. Detours don't get any better than that.

1 Comments:
when's the new post coming??
Post a Comment
<< Home